Wild Mushroom Cricket Ravioli
- Stand mixer
- Pastry bag (optional)
- Spice grinder (for mushroom powder)
Wild Mushroom Filling ingredients
- 20 grams dried wild mushrooms Toasted in a 350 F oven for 15 minutes
- 20 grams CRKT powder
- 50 grams hot water
- 280 grams ricotta
- 100 grams high quality parmesan
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- fresh nutmeg, to taste
- For the filling, pour the water over the mushroom and CRKT powder and salt, then mix with the ricotta, parmesan, nutmeg (if using) and egg. Pack the filling into a pastry bag, or use two spoons for making the ravioli.
- A pastry bag is much faster. If your filling seems rough, or has chunks of parmesan in it, consider buzzing in a food processor to make it smooth.
Toast dried mushrooms at 350 for a few minutes in a skillet--just until they're aromatic.
We served our ravioli with a truffle tarragon cream sauce.
The filling can be used to make any stuffed pasta including lasagna.